[kismac] Re: USB branch, ralink RT2500, "No supported USB device found!"

  • From: Bug Dave <bugdave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 19:45:02 -0500

doh, sorry for the confusion.

On Jan 9, 2007, at 7:33 PM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

On Jan 9, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Bug Dave wrote:

You should enable "USB Drivers" as the driver for the ralink device. I have a ppc powerbook g4 1.67 and I can confirm that it works for me. The ralink drivers for kismac were developed and tested first using a similar powerbook by geoff.

Yes, ralink (2x00) was developed by me on ppc. HOWEVER, rt73 was developed on intel by someone else and DO NOT work on ppc. What is confusing about this is that both rt2x00 and rt73 are made by ralink. There are 2 completely separate drivers though for each chipset. I hope this clarifies things a little.

Geoff

On Jan 9, 2007, at 4:09 PM, Jeroen wrote:

Hello Dave,

I did try it that way.

I am on a ppc

so
Which ralink driver should work for my device?
Which ralink driver works on ppc?
Is there anything else I need to change to add the device?

I'm more confused now than I was before subscribing to the list... :/

Cheers,
Jeroen

I put the questions on top as I have the impression they tend to get lost down there where i would put them