[kismac] UBS dongle for MacBook

  • From: Marcel Stör <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:07:01 +0200

Hi folks,

Since I'm far from being a Wi-Fi expert I've been reading quite a bit about
KisMAC on trac and this list's archive. Based that knowledge I try to make a
few assumptions, pls correct me if I'm wrong.

- I can't use KisMac "out of the box" on my MacBook (not Pro) to go war
driving (i.e. hacking passwords, injecting packages) since there's no
suitable driver for Airport Extreme. Some guys are working on it, I heard!?
- so, I would need a Prism2 chip for that - in my case I'd like to use an
USB dongle
- there seems to be a recommendation out for a D-Link DWL-122
- there are no USB dongles (yet?) that support injection into 802.11b AND
802.11g networks with KisMAC

Conclusion -> in order to achieve what I want, I should by a DWL-122 and
restrict myself to b-networks, correct?

--
Marcel Stör
http://www.frightanic.com