[kismac] Thanks, and a question about Kismac Programming

  • From: Glen MacPherson <tuffimak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:35:23 -0800

Hi and thanks for the crash course in wireless networking; I've got SSH tunneling going with no problem, which should handle all of my machine-to-machine transfer needs. (BTW, I wish the NSA were more interested in my research, they might learn something valuable; it's educational in nature, and since minors are involved, I must back up my promises of anonymity and data security).

I have a neat idea for a Kismac module, but how does the project work? (Maybe I missed a dev. faq). I am a refugee from the 80s (pre-internet Pascal-VS, PL/1, WATFIV, 6502 Assembler, etc.) I can't do C and I don't want to learn. I can crank out stuff in RealBasic, though.

Do open-source projects require open-source modules with source-code in the same language? Or does this question reveal massive ignorance?

No long answers needed - feel free to point me at a good place to begin reading. (A really good resource could shut me up for weeks) :)

Cheers.

Glen