[kismac] Re: Signal strength

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:03:48 +0800

That looks promising! Any idea what kinds of output various adapters give?

That's just the point, supposedly, the adapter will tell you which of these formats its using.

Sorry - wasn't quite clear in my question: I was more wondering whether anyone has info on how many kinds of adapters give each kind of output (so for example, if most adapters give type 3, then it's most important for us to track down a type 3 to type 2 conversion algorithm to provide dBm output). Of course, if many give type 2 output, then we could implement dBm display for those adapters in KisMAC almost immediately.

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx