[kismac] Request for guinea pig(s)

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 22:42:46 +0800

Hi folks!

In efforts to bring our GPS handling into a more powerful and at the same time user-friendly situation, I'm working on building a universal binary installation of GPSd to distribute with KisMAC. Now, that's up to the point where I *think* I've got it, but I'd really like someone with a GPS unit - ideally someone on an Intel mac - who hasn't yet gone through the ordeal of compiling and installing GPSd, who'd like to try out my binary! The reason I need someone who *hasn't* installed GPSd on their computer before is that I need to make sure what I've built can stand alone (i.e. without the help of anything that the "make install" process of gpsd installs).

If you would like to help out, please e-mail me (on or off-list) and I'll e-mail you zip file and some step-by-step instructions to test it.

THANKS!
Robin

P.S. I know someone was looking to get Delorme Earthmate support in KisMAC, and although what I'm working on will eventually be the solution to that, I don't think what I've built so far will support a Delorme Earthmate... so for now, at least to test the full functionality, I really need testers with regular NMEA GPS units.

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx