[kismac] Re: R97 & Perm. Passive Extreme

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:56:06 +1030

Neither does my testing.

The important thing to note here is this is NOT like putting a card in rfmon mode on Linux - we can still use the airport card. It just keeps the wlt1 interface hanging around, so we CAN use passive mode. The only time you cannot use the airport card is when you are scanning in passive mode.

On 08/03/2006, at 12:23 PM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

The important thing to note is that the airport driver will always be in passive mode EVEN WHILE KISMAC IS NOT RUNNING. This shouldn't effect or be noticed by both people, however it does have the potential to slow down your wireless connection. My limited benchmarking has shown this not to be the case.

Geoff
On Mar 7, 2006, at 6:37 PM, John Warren wrote:

the driver for passive use, is permanently enabled. You can still use
the airport for normal use, but not while scanning. When you are not
scanning, it returns to a usable state.

On 3/7/06, Alex Hughes <dohbboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What exactly is this? By permanent do you mean that the card is no
longer usable for active scanning of networks? or just permanent for
the session?

Alex