[kismac] Question on newer multi-SSID APs

  • From: "Brian Bender" <whj6z7602@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:31:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mick, all,

What will sniffers like KisMAC do in the presence of multiple ESSID access
points (the latest Cisco WAPs, for example, let you configure a single AP
with multiple ESSIDs, each having its own VLAN, it's own security params,
etc.)? I don't know for sure, but I doubt that they're going to generate
unique BSSIDs for each (which would make everything "just work"  for
stumblers/sniffers, right?), but I could be wrong.

BTW, I'm soon going to be in one of these environments (we're upgrading
our wireless backbone), so I'll be willing to test/suggest/possibly
contribute code...

 - Brian