[kismac] Re: Question on USB-nics

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:57:54 +0800

Couldn't find a list/discussion of USB-attachable adaptors that might be Kismac passive-mode friendly...just the admonition that AE don't
work right, and to sign the petition...can anyone point out USB-attached nics that'll work? If such exists? Happy to do the reading,
if i could find it.

In case my earlier response was masked by the HTML garbage inserted by my mail client, here's a plain text answer:

Get a DLink DWL-122 USB WiFi adapter. It's perfect for the task, and cheap (about $20 from Amazon [at least Amazon in Europe] or on eBay).

If you want to mess about with directional antennas too, go for this site: http://www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/

Hope that helps... and hope I've killed off the HTML-ifying of my messages...

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx