[kismac] Probe requests.

  • From: PhilaLogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx <PhilaLogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:34:40 -0500

Hello everyone. This is my first email to the mailing list. I recently started using KisMac and I really like it a lot. I have a few questions. Recently while scanning at home I found there a Probe. What exactly does that mean. I read it means someone else is using a stumbling program thats looking for access points. Is that correct. I am getting a lot of packets from this prob as well. It seems like everytime I change the channel for KisMac to search, I still get a signal to the prob. Is there anyway that I can get more information from this probe? Im not sure what exactly it means. Should I bring my Wireless Router in the room where im getting the connection to get more info? I dont mind if the person is connected to me, I just want to get as much info as possible. I have ready the dumplogs but its a bunch of nothing in there. I dont know how to use the linux programs to show exactly what it is so I guess I am out of luck. I would like to hear from anyone that cares to take there time to talk with me. Maybe even through AIM convo. I am going to leave KISMAC running while I goto work so i can get more packets, etc. Well I hope to hear from someone. Thanks in advance.