[kismac] PowerBook G4

  • From: Christopher Harris <christopherjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:29:30 -0800

I am using a PowerBook G4

Mac OS X 10.4.8

KisMAC 0.21a (0.2a [$Revision: 138$])

D-Link DWL-G122 Ver b1  with driver update ver. 10.4 Tiger

I disabled my Airport Wireless card and installed the D-Link USB adapter, with the intention of using it with KisMac but have been unsuccessful so far. According to the Kismac wiki the USB device should automatically work with out installing any drivers, well I've tried this with no luck, and found the device driver off the Ralink website and now I can at least access the internet with it. The error I get when running Kismac is that my device is not properly connected... Do I not have the right version of Kismac? According to the Kismac "OUR HARDWARE" wiki a lot of individuals out there have figured out how to configure there systems to use the DWL-G122. Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks!