[kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?

  • From: Ronald Rosson <ron.rosson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 08:55:49 -0500

So which USB dongle do we need to keep an eye out for.   ;-)

-Ron

From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:22:13 +0930
To: "kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?

Complain to Broadcom. They won't release specs about the card at all.

It would be theoretically possible to code something out of the
reverse-engineered Linux driver... but that will be a difficult job.

Ralink USB card = lot nicer, as we do have all the specs, and the Linux
driver.