[kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?

  • From: Bug Dave <bugdave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:22:49 -0400

ya that's a great picture on how to add a higher db antenna. I added that to the trac a few days ago. http://kismac.de/_trac/wiki/DWL- G122 . Add more information if you find any =]

On Sep 6, 2006, at 9:16 PM, Jorge Laranjo wrote:

check this http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php? t=317&page=3

On 9/7/06, Bryan Walker <bryan.d.walker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
devnullian, let me know about the antenna connection on the WUSBG
v4...I've got a line on one and I'd love to know!

On 9/6/06, devnullian@xxxxxxx < devnullian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You want a D-Link DWL-G122 vB1 or a Linksys WUSB54G v4. The version numbers
> are important, as that's what indicates that it is a Ralink chipset. There
> are probably others out there with ralink chipsets, so give google a try if
> you for some reason don't want either of these.
> The linksys might have an external antenna connector inside. I'm opening
> mine up right now to find out...
> Devnullian
>

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Ronald Rosson wrote:
> So which USB dongle do we need to keep an eye out for. ;-)
>
> -Ron
>

> ________________________________
> From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx >
> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:22:13 +0930
> To: "kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?
>
> Complain to Broadcom. They won't release specs about the card at all.
>
> It would be theoretically possible to code something out of the
> reverse-engineered Linux driver... but that will be a difficult job.
>
> Ralink USB card = lot nicer, as we do have all the specs, and the Linux
> driver.
>
> On 06/09/2006, at 1:32 PM, Bug Dave wrote:
>
> don't get your hopes up :( Your best bet i to buy a ralink chipset. It's
> supposed to be the first b/g to support packet injection on kismac
>
> On Sep 5, 2006, at 11:21 PM, Rohan Hill wrote:
>
> Is this something that is planned / feasible?

-- Atentamente, Jorge Laranjo

email> jorge.laranjo@xxxxxxxxx
gTalk > jorge.laranjo@xxxxxxxxx
msn > jorgelaranjo@xxxxxxxxxxx