[kismac] Re: Orinoco Cards

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:31:27 +0100

Hi,

>>  The only other OS X drivers for the orinoco cards in the pcmcia slot
>>  are the WirelessDriver ones from sourceforge,
>
>       Not true.  There is the IOXperts driver, but as mentioned before,
> it is closed source.
>

>       Now, if anyone is interested, I understand that the author of the
> original bsd airtools software is interested in porting his stuff to
> work natively under MacOS X.

i talked to h1kari on 19c3. he did not mention that he wishes a port.
he has a tibook and a macos x himself, so i dont know what i should
think of this.

> I've tried it under FreeBSD, and it
> most definitely rocks.  It's not as pretty as KisMAC, but it's got a
> lot more features and there has been a lot more development time put
> into it.  It can certainly handle long lists of APs, because I've
> done it.
the long lists are not a special problem of kismac, but of tables on
macos x. these cannot refresh a single row, but it seems that you have
to refresh always the whole table. and if you do this ever 0.25 seconds
as kismac. then it will break down. one has to program an alternative
table module.

mick