[kismac] Re: Newbie - GPS for iBook G3/800

  • From: ard jonker <ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 08:02:47 +0100

At 16:33 -0500 2005/03/04, Nick wrote:

I've started using Kismac again, after concentrating
on building a network at home, and would like to
start using it in conjunction with GPS. Could anyone
recommend any GPS equipment that runs well with
OSX on an iBook and Kismac?

As for ease of connectivity and use, I can recommend the BU-303 (202 etc.) type of USB device. It is a 'GPS mouse' and is easily stowed away. The only 'better' option imho would be such a device with bluetooth if you have bluetooth built in the mac; the cord of the USB mouse is a nuisance if you are carrying your backpack around an the mouse is out.
You need to find drivers for the usb mouse, PL2303 is the name, google 'pl2303 macos x driver' should get you going.

ard
ps. you could also utilise gpsd as Mick described on his site.