[kismac] My plans...
- From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:18:25 +1030
Here's what I'm trying to do with r76 of KisMac.
• Add an option to see the IP address of the client as detected on
the network by the received packets.
• Work out why the "enable monitor mode on airport extreme" is so
unreliable. Maybe make an extension that turns this on at boot time
and leaves the wlt1 interface hanging around so we don't have to go
through the risky adding/removing/fiddling with drivers to achieve
this. It always seems to work just after a restart, and sometimes
leaves the AirPort card not working until one.
• Add a fifth panel view - status. Can display a miniaturized
version of the graph on the traffic page, a list of the clients in
range, GPS information etc - basically just summarize everything on
the other 4 panes.
• Add an export to KML or KMZ format so we can export some AP
locations and view them in Google Earth.
What I'm not sure how to do at all:
• Universal Binary - will our stuff work on OS X for Intels? Can
someone who understands the low level bits of KisMac better than I
do, and who knows about OS X for intels fill us in on this.
What I've already done:
• Ethereal intergration
• NIB file tweaking (more closely follow Apple Human Interface
Guidelines), and they're localized in English AND Spanish. (I made
the changes to the Spanish ones that popped up in r76)
• Rewritten help files to bring them up to date, fixed changelog etc...
http://gm2.ath.cx/~gm/kismac.merge.zip - unzip to a directory and use
FileMerge to merge with clean r76 sources.
http://gm2.ath.cx/~gm/KisMACHelp.zip - rewritten help files.
Oh, and I've ordered a USB GPS device. It should arrive later this
week. Finally I can produce meaningful wardriving results.
Other related posts: