[kismac] Re: Maps?

  • From: Ryan Verner <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:00:07 +1030

On 23/02/2004, at 1:52 PM, Ben Short wrote:

Are there any free locations to get such maps? Is there any decent
mapping software for the mac, independent of kismac? A bonus would be
if it could read from gpsd; I can run multiple software in tandem, this
way.

If there is, let me know :) there is mapping software out there, but from what I
can see it is just the engine, and not the maps.

Will do. I don't think one exists, though, and indeed, plenty of free engines, but not maps.

yes, this is a bug with 0.8a to do with signed/usigned integers. This has been
fixed in the CVS version - just follow the instructions under the development
link and compile with Xcode.

Okay, trying to compile it I get:

Building target “KisMAC” with build style “Development” (optimization:level ‘0’, debug-symbols:on) — (1 error)
cd /usr/src/KisMAC
/Developer/Tools/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/mick/Development/WifiDriver/AtherosHAL/build/AtherosHAL.kext /usr/src/KisMAC/build/KisMAC.app/Contents/Resources
/Users/mick/Development/WifiDriver/AtherosHAL/build: No such file or directory

Even if I fixed that broken reference, it seems I need to download the source for that WifiDriver, and others by the look of it:

root@nipples[/usr/src/KisMAC]# !eg
egrep -r Users\/mick *
KisMAC.pbproj/project.pbxproj: path = /Users/mick/Development/WifiDriver/AtherosHAL/build/AtherosHAL.kext;
KisMAC.pbproj/project.pbxproj: path = /Users/mick/Development/WifiDriver/IO80211Family/build/ IO80211Family.kext;
KisMAC.pbproj/project.pbxproj: path = /Users/mick/Development/WifiDriver/AtherosWifi/build/AtherosWifi.kext;

Where do I go from here?

Signature space for rent.