[kismac] Re: Maps?

  • From: Ryan Verner <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ben Short <bshort@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:22:59 +1030

Howdy,

On 22/02/2004, at 8:28 PM, Ben Short wrote:

Hello Ryan,

You will need to install a map. This can be a standard jpg file which
you can import from the kismac file menu. The image can be from a
street map, scale map etc etc :)

How does one both scale and calibrate the current position to be accurate? I guess I've been spoilt by Windows GPS software, that have their own maps already calibrated with the correct latitude/longitude.

Are there any free locations to get such maps? Is there any decent mapping software for the mac, independent of kismac? A bonus would be if it could read from gpsd; I can run multiple software in tandem, this way.

The GPS will not log any data to the map window unless a map is loaded
:)

Once I picked up two AP's, and set the first waypoint, it actually started showing nodes without a map. Thing is, it only reads from the GPS for about 10 minutes before reading from the GPS completely hangs. I suspect it may be the GPS, though (it's a USB thing, installed a Prolific USB->Serial kext to get it working properly).

Ben

-- Best regards, Ben mailto:bshort@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--

Signature space for rent.