[kismac] Re: Mapping Question

  • From: Robert Brugman <rbrugman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:44:20 -0400

Well, I must not have explained my problem the right way. Right now I have a kismac file with 768 points. They all have their GPS coordinates and everything attached to them from the GPS. I also have my map with my two waypoints saved. I am wondering if there is a way to "import" the kismac data and have it place the networks on the map. I never had the chance to save the map with the networks on it because it froze before it saved. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Robert

On Sep 27, 2004, at 5:04 AM, Ben Short wrote:

mick ;)

hmm ok...I assume then you have to resave the kismap files once you have set waypoints? my understanding was they were just a renamed png file, with no waypoint data stored?

Ben

Michael Rossberg wrote:
iirc, the map data *really* needs to have 2 waypoints *all the time* in order to get its scaling on the map correct.

I agree however that it is incredibly frustrating and if there was a way to record waypoint data against the map, it would be incredibly handy.
ha? kismap files?
mick

~Robert Brugman~ This e-mail is X.509 happy ;-) GPG Fingerprint: D710 B8D9 C72A AB56 174F 71AC 3619 9F32 8250 6034