[kismac] Re: MAC Spoofing with ibook G3

  • From: "Ryan Verner" <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:56:33 +0930

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:19:33 -0500 (EST), Derrick J Brashear wrote
> I have an Airport card which is apparently French and thus won't let
> me use channels 1-9. I thought perhaps I could convince it to take Orinoco
> firmware since the Mac is uninterested in flash updating it, but no such
> luck.

Hm, I thought the Mac OS X driver flashed the card in the Airport slot on
every boot or something, although now that I think of it, it wouldn't make
sense unless it has trouble seeing the card.

I used to stick my Orinoco cards in the slot on my old Powerbook to update
them with 8.1x firmware back when I needed 128-bit WEP support.

Wonder if there's some way you can convince the mac it needs flashing.  Given,
I wonder if the French version of OS X does flash the firmware, but with some
version that gives less channels.  That said though, none of this makes
terribly much sense, really.

linux.conf.au 2004 - Adelaide, Australia: http://lca2004.linux.org.au/

"Oh no, not again."