[kismac] Re: MAC Spoofing with ibook G3

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:43:16 +0100

Hi Holger,
> I have an ibook/G3 without ext. PCMCIA slot and with Airport WLAN card.
> I think when i want to spoof the MAC address i need another card (ex.
> Orinoco).
>
> My question:
> Can i use another WLAN card (ex. Orinoco) in the slot under the
> keypad, then
> install the drivers and
> spoof the MAC address.
> Has someone do this ? Is there enough room for another card under the
> keypad
> (without the little
> antenna on the cards)?

The problem is imho that the slot is not an 'pcmcia' slot (at least no
real). there are a couple of pins somewhere else. the problem is
another one: even if you get the other hardware to work in the slot
(with soldering etc), the driver interface is another. you will need
other drivers for it.
the easier way would be to adapt the sourceforge wireless driver to
work on an airport card, since the airport card has exactly the same
chip interface as orinoco cards. it is not a major hack, since one
could look at the macjack and viha drivers, but i currently do not have
the time for this. if you find someone who can do it, i would give you
a hand however.

mick

-- File: PGP.sig
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part