[kismac] Re: Listed on Growl page, and update of kismac.de?

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:52:17 +1030

Ok. Didn't know that was coming for a while - wasn't sure if we were still doing that.

The thing is that very little of our user base uses the "stable" release - I don't know anyone still using r65 - and not being listed on the Growl page because we regard that as "stable" (IMO, in reality it's no more or less "stable" than the "development" builds we work with now), isn't a good thing.

On 19/03/2006, at 3:08 PM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

We do plan on making a stable release here shortly... That is what the milestones in trac stand for. .21a will be the next stable release.

Geoff
On Mar 18, 2006, at 5:40 PM, themacuser wrote:

I persuaded the Growl people to list us on their Applications page.

http://www.growl.info/applications.php?cat=System

He tells me this regarding the non-updating of kismac.de - after I told him that the real devlelopment work goes on at trac.kismac.de, and that we aren't really doing "stable" and "development" releases any more.

Maybe we should get someone to just post messages like "r111 was committed, it includes ...", and update the downloads page on kismac.de. Post KisMac to Macupdate and Versiontracker, but link them to a page that just gets the latest version.

I'd do it if necessary.

But the policy seems contradictory with your public image. You've not updated your macupdate/versiontracker downloads to reflect this, nor does the kismac.de page forward to the trac page. I'm fine with adding kismac if this is your policy, but it just seems really confusing (except for the small blurb on the main page).

I'll get Kismac added in a bit