[kismac] Re: Linux on a PowerBook G4. PLEASE HELP!

  • From: Ian Beeby <ibeeby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:32:52 +0000

Have a look at www.yourmaclife.com and register on their forum. A few months ago they interviewed someone who ran a company developing linux for the mac that would coexist with OS X - it was being used by none other than the US Navy apparently.

If you go on the forum and ask you should get an answer or alternatively e-mail the presenter (shawn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) directly.

Cheers

Ian

On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 01:34 PM, Terry Rattray wrote:

Does anyone have any information on getting a PowerBook G4 to run on
both Linux and MacOS X?  I want to use ethereal and all of those linux
programs but I am not very linux savey and I wanted to know if anyone
had any detailed install instructions and how to install the programs.
I don’t understand how to compile, etc.

---

Ian Beeby

Tel:      +44 1629 733800