[kismac] Re: KisMac: Join network feature

  • From: leigh Cocker <leighcocker2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:14:32 +0100

I'm guess you select to join the network once you have revealed the WEP key. When you select to join the network it asks for a password ?
It also sounds as though you have not configured kissmac correctly, as far as I can tell you should not be able to use the icon in the finder bar when running kissmac as kissmac loads its own driver...Have you set the driver in kissmac prefs ?

Sorry if this is all bollix im just trying to help

Regards

Leigh

On 18 Jul 2005, at 00:33, Dan wrote:

I'm using an orinoco card.Kismac loads the drivers and Macos X displays the
card on the top right in the finders menu bar.I select the network and then
select join network.I then do an ifconfig but don't see the orinoco mac
address just en0 (ethernet) and en1(airport).I'm Wondering how this "join
network" feature works.
--
Dan.
Cork,Ireland.