[kismac] KisMAC with iBookG3 fails to scan

  • From: C J <muncher100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:49:53 -0700

I have installed KisMac on my G3 iBook, with the 802.11b AirPort card.
Running under 10.4.

Selected AirPort Passive scanning in preferences.

When I launch KisMac and then hit the start scan button, KisMAC has me
authenticate. Gives me a brief message about something else accessing
the Airport drivers (no net applications running). I hit proceed, and
KisMac indicatse that it is "scanning" but unfortunately it does not
recognize any networks/traffic, despite there being active nets with
traffic.

When I then quit KisMAC of course I need to do a reboot because my
Airport drivers do not reload.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Munch