[kismac] Re: KisMAC on iPhone

  • From: Thomas Kollbach <toto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:55:04 +0100

Am 10.01.2007 um 09:36 schrieb themacuser:

>I beat you to it! That was my first thought when I heard it had wifi!

So I'm not the only one.

The question is just if there will be any custom apps besides widgets on the iPhone. I personally think that it will happen, but others are more doubtfull (http://www.tuaw.com/2007/01/09/iphone-will-not-allow- user-installable-applications/).

And even if possible I would doubt, that one could simply access the wifi (or BT for that matter) device on a low level basis that would be required to make passive scannin possible. The location and mapping features seem pretty perfect for kismac though.

Regards
toto
    – Arthur C Clarke, in a statment often called "Clarke's Third Law"
--
Visit my weblog http://bitfever.de/weblog/