[kismac] Re: KisMAC Maintenance

  • From: "globo" <globo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:15:21 +0100

Hi Mick,

I guess that's the way it goes... All the best for your internship.
They have signed a great guy.

As for maintaining KISMAC, I have no programming background whatsoever,
except for some BASIC on my C64 and PASCAL in school. I have some fair
knowledge on maintaining a website. So I'd be willing to join the
website-maintanance-team. I'd also like to contribute Ideas, mockups
and graphics for the site an the application.

I don't know if german language skills are an Issue, but as a german
I'd be willing to deal with all things related to that.

To all of you programmers out there. I don't know what patches and new
features are in the making right now. I think it would be great if you
could roll out a couple of binaries, a stable one (v76 ?) and a CVS one
(for the daring...) Just to show that KISMAC hasn't died. Maybe that
will attract not just more users but maybe one or two developers.

One thing I as a user have always missed is a community website for
KISMAC. Would it be possible to have a Forum (like PHPBB or drupal (my
preference))?

globo