[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.04a GPS Success

  • From: Bob Cunningham <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:47:48 -1000

No joy with my Garmin etrex GPS unit using a KeySpan USB serial adapter
on an iBook) with the etrex's Main Menu -> Setup -> Interface ->
  Serial Data Format set to  set to "NMEA In/NMEA Out" (at 4800 baud).

KisMac does seem to identify the correct serial port
(/dev/tty.USA1911P1.1).

But I get the same message on the Map tab of KisMAC:

     Last Position 0.000000N, 0.000000E @ (null) Not enough sattelites
in View!

... whether the Garmin etrex is plugged into the KeySpan or not.

Without KisMAC, I can see the NMEA data coming into that port with
ZTerm (at 4800 baud).  So the KeySpan USB driver seems to be working
okay.