[kismac] Re: GTDriver / KisMac

  • From: Andreas Habereder <ahabereder@xxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:13:58 +0100

Mick

So in still shorter words, the next version (anything >0.12a) will work definitely with e.g. 3com PC-Card 3CRWE154G72?

So whats the special thing about the GTDriver?

I only want to have an advise which wlan card is good for things like lurking into others networks with passive mode with kismac?
I now own only Airport Extreme card but want to use all the features combined with passive mode.
Eventually the option for an external antenna would be nice.

Andreas

On 31.12.2004, at 13:38, Michael Rossberg wrote:

Hello,

I am confused with the new GTDriver. Is it working with KisMac or not?

I read there "Unlike others, the design of the Prism GT chipset allows all software components to be open. " Does this mean it is compatible with KisMac in passive mode in a way which is for instance the Airport Extreme not?

In the KisMac compatibility list it says that the 3com PC-Card 3CRWE154G72 is not working!

well. long story short: 0.12a and the official GTDriver are not compatible. That is why the statement on the website. However if you check it all out of the source tree, it is supposed to work...

mick