[kismac] Re: GPS/GPSd flaking out

  • From: Derrick J Brashear <shadow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:39:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Paul Jacoby wrote:

I've been using gpsdX 1.5 on my iBook G3/600 with KisMac for some time now. In the past two weeks or so, KisMac has lost the GPS fix about 3 minutes after I fire up KisMAC. I've found that quitting KisMac and restarting it gets gpsd going again. Oddly I do NOT have to quit gpsd. Sometimes I am

When all the listeners go away, gpsd hangs up on the gps, and reinits when a new one opens it.

I don't know how old 1.5 is related to the gpsd tree though. I'm pretty sure it's not up to date.