[kismac] GPSD Support for KisMAC?

  • From: kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:39:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hey everyone,

Long time user, first time poster!

I'm a big fan of GPSDrive (gpsdrive.de), which I usually use for
navigational purposes when (war)driving. While I love Kismac, the
calibrating of maps and what not is still too cumbersome for me, and being
a macosx user, I can't take advantage of GPSDrive's Kismet support.

GPSDrive includes a GPSd daemon that other programs like gpsmap (on
sourceforge) can connect to. Have you thought about adding support to
kismac for this? I havn't looked into it, but I think it just opens the
gps (serial) port, and then binds to a tcp port and dumps NMEA
information.

I currently can't use gpsdrive and kismac at the same time with gps
features (even if i'm not using kismacs mapping functionality, i'd like to
have APs i've found stamped with their coordinates), because gpsdrive
opens the serial port to start gpsd, and then kismac can't get an
exclusive lock (duh).

What do you guys think?