[kismac] GPS success story

  • From: Richard Smith <smith@xxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:59:30 -0700

Thanks to everyone who helped with their experiences and solutions to
my problems along the way -- Kismac is now doing great war driving in
the Vancouver area and is proving to be exceptionally reliable and
accurate.

I have, in fact, found it to be exceptionally useful, and in many ways
easier to use and less problematic than dedicated GPS software!

Suggestions:

        [optionally] display other information (altitude, velocity) in the
bottom bar, along with latitude and longitude

        allow us to create a list [table) of maps so that we can jump from one
map to another fairly easily. This might be implemented as a
"checkerboard" type of interface in which you click on a square,
associate a map name with that square, and then you could easily jump
from one map to another using a palette. Perhaps even automate it, when
you move from one corner of one map to another... or even load the map
automatically depending on the lat/long!

        [optionally] centre the blinking blue dot on the screen

        create a tutorial or help page to help people calibrate a map -- I
volunteer to do this, if you like

...r