[kismac] Re: GPS software

  • From: Andrew Koch <ppc603ev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:02:38 -0500

I am sure Apple could devise a clever way such that a CF/PCMCIA GPS system would share the internal antenna used by the AirPort card, thus eliminating the extrusion found on all such cards but have provisions for an external antenna as well.

I doubt this would work very well, as the internal antennas are 1.) Tuned for 2.4 GHz (Whereas GPS is in the 1.5 GHz range) and 2.) Already in use for the Airport card.

Don't want to overload the front-end of your GPS receiver with 802.11b signals...

-- Andrew Koch - KI4CUN Website: http://www.lildobe.net

Maintain thy airspeed lest the earth
   shall rise up and smite thee!