[kismac] Re: GPS software

  • From: Patrick Munson <pmunce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 23:33:28 -0800

A serial or USB solution to using a GPS system on a laptop computer is not very elegant when opposed to a Compact Flash or PCMCIA solution.

What do others use their PCMCIA slot for anyway? Mine is unused except for the occasional access to images from a digital camera.

On Feb 5, 2004, at 1:00 PM, Kyle Christensen wrote:

Mainly because there's a ton of serial or USB gps out there you can pickup for relatively cheap
that won't monopolize precious PCMCIA/MiniPCI slots :)

<quote who="Patrick Munson">
Apple should have a pretty good idea of the size of their user base.

Why don't they make a Compact Flash or PCMCIA GPS system and/or
interface software.

They did it with AirPort, why not GPS?

On Feb 5, 2004, at 11:07 AM, Pat Heidingsfelder wrote:

I have been looking into GPS software for OS X I believe I have found
most everything out there. There are a few people over at
geocaching.com that are developing software, but it would be great to
have Garmin's apps work natively in OS X. I found this while
searching

http://www.gpscity.com/gps/brados/3215.1.12398727029410847560/ macsignup.html

If you would, check it out and if you feel the need, sign it.  It is
definitely  a worthy cause.

Thanks for the help!!!