[kismac] Re: GPS recommendations?

  • From: Ludwig Kamphenkel <kilgor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 22:51:13 +0200

Am 03.05.2004 um 17:33 schrieb Andrew Koch:

Alright... I finally got a USB D-Link 802.11b adaptor, and it works great with Kismac. I just spent about 15 minutes wandering around town and found nearly 100 WAPs.... (not bad for Daytona Beach)

Next step is a GPS. I'd like one that's compatible with Route66 as well as Kismac. $$ are a major concern at this point. What can you all recommend?

I can recomend a Fortuna Clip-On BlueTooth GPS device. Nice and small. It is also on the comparison at pocketgpsworld.com that Brad allready pointed at.
That one is the most sold and cheapest on eBay at present (at least in germany) should be about US$150-160.
Nice is that it comes with wallpower charger and car charger.
For reception I can not say much as it is the first GPS device I own.
Also I have not yet set up GPSd but it works fine with the build in GPS support.

Ludwig