[kismac] Re: GPS recommendations?

  • From: Pat Heidingsfelder <heidingsfelderp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:38:44 -0500

I currently have a Garmin GPSMap 60C. I love it, but haven't used it much with kismac. It does work though. Kinda on the pricey range. I would suggest something like the Garmin eTrex line.

On May 3, 2004, at 10:33 AM, Andrew Koch wrote:

Alright... I finally got a USB D-Link 802.11b adaptor, and it works great with Kismac. I just spent about 15 minutes wandering around town and found nearly 100 WAPs.... (not bad for Daytona Beach)

Next step is a GPS. I'd like one that's compatible with Route66 as well as Kismac. $$ are a major concern at this point. What can you all recommend?

It's a bummer that GPSd doesn't have support for my DeLorme Earthmate. I guess that's $130 down the tubes, unless I want to haul 2 laptops ;)

--
Andrew Koch - K9LDT
Website: http://www.lildobe.net

Maintain thy airspeed lest the earth