[kismac] Re: GPS location never changing

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:22:55 +0100

hello everyone, i have read the FAQs on GPS systems and have yet to see anyone mention how you could test the GPS to see if it is working, does anyone have any ideas on this, are there any apps, or any commands i can pipe to the serial to have to send data to standard out?
my problems is that i get the same msg and same location no matter where i am in the city i live in.

I have this same problem. Somewhere between the .4 version and the current version something changed. At first I thought maybe there was a communication problem with my GPS. I checked it as much as I could with a terminal program (kermit) and didn't see anything obvious. So I tried MacStumbler and it was able to record different coordinates when I moved. Not sure what is wrong with KisMAC.

i dont really get why i dont have these problems. my lact device works like a champ. strange. can you send me a copy of your prolific kernel extension?

mick