[kismac] Re: GPS USB to Serial Compatibility

  • From: "N. Karras" <nkarras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:41:12 -0400

500mA would be entirely exorbitant for that purpose.  When Mac OS X does =
not know the power requirements of a device, it always shows 500mA, the =
largest allowed under the USB spec.  Some devices are programmed with =
their power requirements along with device ad vendor ID's.  The power =
requirement as indicated by the computer is always either the value =
coded into the device, or 500mA under OS X, or Unknown on some OS's.  I =
personally have a USB keyboard I use on my PowerBook G4, which is rated =
for 35mA as shown on the bottom of the device, and in its manual, =
however Mac OS X shows 500mA.  Same with my 50mA Logitech TrackMan =
Marble USB trackball mouse.

NPK

----- Original Message -----=20