[kismac] Re: G an B

  • From: devnullian@xxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:29:57 -0600

I don't think any 802.11a support is planned--it's not very popular compared to b/g. Plus, you need at least two radios to do anything interesting, which would mean adding an atheros a/b/g card--to my knowledge, the only card with 802.11a support and cracking-capable drivers. Unfortunately, those are all pcmcia, which, as far as I know, means you can't use it with the new macbooks. If you have any need to play around with 802.11a (I did once), you might want to look into a non-mac (preferably with two pcmcia slots) and the back|trac live cd.

devnullian

On Sep 12, 2006, at 2:15 PM, Piotr Malecki wrote:

Hi,

What about 802.11a (considering that then new Intel Macs support it)?

Piotr

On 11-Sep-06, at 2:55 AM, devnullian@xxxxxxx wrote:

Yes, using ralink based usb devices. BTW injection is used to accelerate wep cracking since one only needs a certain amount of traffic to crack the key. WPA cracking is a whole different animal, and reinjection doesn't really apply. That said, the ralink devices should make deauthorization attacks against g-only networks more successful, which is needed to run a dictionary attack against the key.
dev/null/ian
On Sep 11, 2006, at 12:36 AM, Justin Morris wrote:

I sent this a while ago but no one responded to it:

So pack reinjection into both G and B networks will be available soon?

Justin

On 9/6/06, Bug Dave <bugdave@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
neither of those ralink devices offer packet injection as of yet. However, it should be working in kismac within the month. As of right now the ralink devices can only offer passive sniffing.

On Sep 6, 2006, at 9:25 PM, Jorge Laranjo wrote:

So, a D-Link DWL-G122 vB1 or a Linksys WUSB54G v4 will work with Kismac for packet Injecting (wep) ? And how about the packet injecting WPA? Not so soon...?

Thanks.