[kismac] Re: Fwd: Re: [binaervarianz] r190 - trunk/image

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:21:21 -0700

Also, injection has not been written for this device yet. It will attempt to use the code for prismII if you comment some stuff, but that is a very bad thing to do (tm)

Geoff

Begin forwarded message:

From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: September 12, 2006 11:09:32 AM PDT
To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [kismac] Re: [binaervarianz] r190 - trunk/image

John,

It is all untested. I have spent more time coding then testing. Packet dumps appear to be ok in ethereal, but I've only done a quick analysis. No one has yet reported successfully cracking a net using this device, though it should be possible.

Geoff

On Sep 12, 2006, at 11:06 AM, John Warren wrote:

Thank you Davide, that was very helpful. I'm currently scanning with
a DWL-G122.

I've been browsing through trac to find what the current functionality
of the Ralink chipset is, but i'm not seeing anything. I see that it
is scanning, channel hopping, getting packets, labeling packets,
counting unique IV's. Is all the data useful (i.e. usable for
cracking?) Can it be used as an injection device?

John