[kismac] Re: FreeMacWare mentions us!

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:31:01 +1030

Yeah, better idea. Much better. Tell me what goes where and I'll try and make one.
On 07/02/2006, at 9:22 PM, Erick van Rijk wrote:

Then I suggest a classic Installer.pkg that installs the drivers in de Extentions folder.
Default user interface that people are accustomed to.

Erick
On Feb 7, 2006, at 11:42 AM, numE wrote:

isn't it possible to put the kext into the .app and let kismac check on
startup if the file is in /Extensions...
and if not.. move it there?! than the installer would be completely
obsolet...

Beat Zahnd schrieb:
Erick van Rijk wrote:
Why build an installer, an disk image that will likely do fine by
itself. Since as far as I can tell is drag and drop.

As long as you use only some of the passive mode drivers drad'n'drop
is ok. But if you use the GTDriver for PrismGT cards, you have to run
an install script which pushes the GTDriver.kext to
/System/Library/Extensions/ and installs the WiFiGUI.app

Are there a lot of people GTDriver?

Beat