[kismac] Re: Failsafe hardware selection for Newb?

  • From: Pat Heidingsfelder <heidingsfelderp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:42:04 -0600

I have had great success with my lucent orinocco silver pcmcia card. I have used it with a Wallstreet, Pismo 500 from OS 10.2.6 to now 10.3.2. I have always used the open source driver at sourceforge. I usually use a 5dbi mag-mount antenna on the roof of the car. This has given me fairly good results, I will soon build a directional tin-can antenna.
Hope this helps

Pat

On Jan 31, 2004, at 12:33 PM, Brian Bender wrote:

I've used both the Lucent (now Proxim, right?) Orinoco Silver / Gold, and
the Cisco 340 & 350 with success on my TiBook running both 10.2.8 and
now 10.3.2.

- Brian

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, xandy xandyrama-at-hotmail.com |KisMAC list| wrote:

Can anyone who is using this exact hardware/os version recommend a third
party card that they actually have been using successfully? Not to be a
stickler, but I'd prefer if you've personally had success and are using
such, rather than what you've heard from someone else....

Thanks so much!

AJ

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com