[kismac] Re: Decrypt Output

  • From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 07:34:03 -0400

I recommend you take a look at the ettercap tool (http:// ettercap.sourceforge.net/). When analyzing wireless packet dumps you can issue the command line:

ettercap -T -q --wep-key '128:s:\x11\x22\x33\x44\x55\x79\x69\x73\x71 \x76\x66\x54\x6E' -r kismacdump -m resultsfile.txt

Ettercap will decrypt the packets and show any clear text usernames and passwords in the decrypted data stream.

On Oct 6, 2005, at 7:00 AM, Michael Peth wrote:

Hey everyone,
I just got kismac up and running last week and have begun sniffing etc. I am running ibook with airport extreme so I'm not able to inject or deauthorize, but when I do find a network and sniff it for a while and then successfully crack the key, I am not able to join the network. I played around with it for a while and then Saw the decrypt feature and I load up the dump file in it and then put in the key it cracked and it says it successfully decrypted with no packets lost. From there I don't know what to do with the output file because I dont have anything to open it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
-Mike