[kismac] Connecting to Network

  • From: Sk8rdi16@xxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:37:35 EDT

Everyone here seems very knowledgeable about Macs and wireless connectivity.
So I have a question.
Here is the scenario,    Pismo 500 with internal airport, and lucent silver
pcmcia card.
I use kismac to find the network.   It is MAC filtered, so i boot up the
lucent silver using the sourceforge driver.   Kismac will sniff with this card,
change the mac address to   one on the   the network.   I am given an IP
address, but can NOT connect to the internet, or others on the network.   The
only
thing that works is physically removing the Airport card.   Why is this, I
thought they were independent of each other (airport and other cards)??      Is
this happening with anyone else?

Thanks for any help!