[kismac] Re: Can we filter the list?

  • From: "Java Nut" <javanut20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:08:09 -0600

Michael Rossberg said

It would be interesting to see an implementation of Michael Rossberg's idea to show recent nets as well as a filter on WEP. Perhaps a preference setting where one enters the number of minutes to keep a network on the list since the last detection of that network. After the time frame, the network would be deleted from the list automatically.

Also, how about a quick way to clear the entire list to start fresh?

These are currently all location centered filters, but perhaps a list of other filters could be applied as you suggest. I noticed as I approached ~ 200 nets in the list at once, sorting etc began to slow down. I figured if we only show recent or nearby nets it might make kismac easier to use and maybe avoid this delay. Any other ideas?

There is a way to do basic filtering for a long time. open the hierarchy (in the network menu) you will be able to filter by SSID and by channel, it should not be to hard to implement an encryption filter, however the location based filter is more complicated.

mick

Check your PC for viruses with the FREE McAfee online computer scan. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963