[kismac] Re: AtheroJack packet injection

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:47:34 +1030

How hard would this be to also use it for an Atheros 802.11g USB adaptor?

On 31/03/2006, at 7:30 AM, Beat Zahnd wrote:

Hello,

I started to work on the AtheroJack? to get packet-injection working. So far I imported some of the TX functions from the OpenBSD opensource HAL without touching the code used for KisMac. See ticket #81

> http://kismac.de/_trac/ticket/81

I'm still trying to understand how all this driver stuff is working. I think the two things needed to be done in the driver, is to add the sendFrame/stopSendingFrames methods to the UserClient? and to port over all the TX stuff to the HAL. Finally, KisMac itself has to extended to use the injection functionality in the driver. Correct me if I'm wrong

Greetings, Beat

-- Beat ZAHND Physics Institute Space Research & Planetary Sciences University of Bern phone +41 31 631 3466 Sidlerstrasse 5 fax +41 31 631 4405 CH-3012 Bern (Switzerland) mailto:beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx