[kismac] Re: Ashton Digital WRUB-2011i (USB) Injection?

  • From: "Jesse Stanford" <safetechs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:20:59 -0600

As far as I'm aware, it cannot be done on a mac, and you need the free
software.  See here:
http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/
-Jesse

On 4/10/07, JAke <monkeys.steal.my.boxers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So how do you flash it?  Can you do it on a mac?  And if so, what
application do you need.  Can finder do it, or is there a specific app from
their website?

-jake

On 4/10/07, Dom <dominicd123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the confirmation!
>
> I thought thats what the different messages meant, but it's good to have
someone else clear it up!

> By flashing, I mean upgrading the firmware to the latest version. I wasn't
sure if this would make any difference anyway.

> Dom
>

> On 10/04/07, Jake Trimble
<monkeys.steal.my.boxers@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

> > Yeah.  I have one, and have had it work.  If it's really stuck, let it
soak up some iv's, and then try injection.  Not to sound too know-it-allish
(sorry if you already know this...), but when it says waiting for
interesting packets, it means that it hasn't collected any packets that it
can successfully re-inject.  When it is testing them, it is seeing if they
will work for re-injection.  Once that little window goes away, then the
iv's should start jumping up 10 at a time or so, depending on how close the
signal is.  Sorry if you already knew that, or if it's incorrect, but thats
my understanding.  Also, what exactly do you mean by "flashing one?" Thanks

> > -jake
> >

> > On Apr 9, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Dom wrote:
> >
> > Fair enough, it was only an idea. Thanks anyway!
> >
> > Anyone else got any ideas? Can anyone confirm it works?
> >
> > Dom
> >

> > On 09/04/07, Jesse Stanford < safetechs@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe I did flash one on a windows pc at one point, and it didn't
seem to make much of a difference.  On the other hand, the network I tried
it with I believe was a 11g network and I didn't give it much time to sit
around.
> > > Jesse
> > >

> > > On Apr 9, 2007, at 4:56 AM, Dom wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Jesse,
> > >
> > > As you have two, could you try flashing one to the latest firmware?
I'd be happy to do it for you if you're not too sure., my hope is it will
make the thing work better! :(

> > > Dom

to Kismac developers (or anyone) if they could use them)

provide a helpful introduction!

USB dongle and it works fine as a passive scanner, listing lots of WIFI
networks, their clients, and so on. However, when I try to perform an
authentication flood, or a de-authentication attack, nothing seems to
happen. When I try to re-inject packets, the loading bar comes up and says
"Waiting for interesting packets", and then eventually changes to "Testing
injection packets" (or something similar) but never actually seems to have
any affect on the IV count.

correct channel for injection. Any ideas? I'd love to get this setup
working!