[kismac] Re: Aircrack

  • From: "Michael Payne" <adese0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:39:59 -0400

I often use a combo of kismac and aircrack. (aircrack complies well on osx,
just make sure to replace the original makefile with the makefile.osx)

Since kismac will divy up the capture files between scans (assuming you have
to start and stop your scan often) I use mergecap (included when you install
wireshark) in terminal to merge all the files together. you can also use
ivstools included with aircrack-ng which will take your dumps and convert
them to straight ivs files.  note that aircrack-ng 0.9.1 does not support
PTW attack on .ivs files YET.

kismac and aircrack-ng are a good marriage