[kismac] Re: A beginners question

  • From: pgcudahy <pgcudahy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Roth <oundleuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:26:36 -0700

Yeah, it is kind of confusing at first how to go 'bout cracking an AP. What I
do is in the preference panel have it checked to "Save data packets only" or
something like that. Since you need a ton of packets you generally can't get
enough weak packets from one scanning session. When you finish your first
session just do the regular file->save and name it after your location i.e.
"home". That'll give you a home.kismac file which you should open when you're
ready to do a second scan at the same location. After you open it, hit scan,
and the new results will add on to your saved ones. After many, many nights of
this (or a few if you're lucky) you'll get 500-1000 weak packets and can then
go to the crack menu and try a weak scheduling attack. Good luck!
-Patrick Cudahy