[kismac] Re: 1.0

  • From: Richard Smith <smith@xxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:17:43 -0700

I just wanted to post a data point to the list.

I have just recently received a new 15" powerbook, with airport
extreme. One of the sad parts of this is that kismac doesn't work with
the airport extreme.

BUT

today I recalled that I had an old prism II card (the intersil one) and
so I tried that. Worked perfectly!

As a side benefit, I can scan using the intersil card and when I find
an open network I can log into it with the airport extreme!

The only downside is that the Aluminum powerbook is not nearly the
champ that my iBook was at picking up weak signals. It is better than
the original TiBook but nothing like the iBook..

I haven't tried the GPS yet, need to download and install the drivers
again.

...r