[kinovea-dev] Re: Save dual video

  • From: <joan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kinovea-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:31:52 +0100

Hi,  I read in the
forum:
http://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?id=155 [1]

It's a
request for saving dual video.
I started to work on this during this
weekend. I got so far that I was able to create a Videofile containing the
combined video files. I still have some problem with creating the
videofile.

I also need to look a bit more into adding keyframes
etc.

Hopefully I will have time tonight to create a branch with that code.
/Erik

Hi,

Yes, this kind of functionnality would be a great
enhancement.

On the UI side, I think we could have a button in the Common
Controls zone lower right, in the same way that we have the "export" zone
in each screen.

The simple snapshot (combining the current frames of each
video into a single image file) would be another nice addition.

When
saving such a combined video, we should rely on each screen to provide the
frame for a given timestamp or position.

The tricky parts would be :

1
- keeping the user's synchronisation point, so the final video is exactly
what he was looking at.

I don't know how we can do this since currently
each screen has its own VideoFile object and doesn't know about the other
one. The saving will probably have to be piloted from the ScreenManager
itself. What was your approach to retrieve the other video images?

2 -
what do we do of key image data?

I think we shouldn't provide the option
of multiplexing the .kva XML data into the file. Exporting to dual video is
much like exporting with variable duration on key images and other special
export. The output will probably be used as-is, and not as a working file.

So basically, for a start at least, we may burn the drawings on the
frames definitely. When the user will click the button for this new Dual
Save export, he will directly be forwarded to the save file dialog.

Again, having this feature would really be fantastic :-) All exporting
functions are "enablers" for the users. They can then reuse them in
presentations, web sites, etc. And of course posting these kind of exports
on YouTube and such is the best advertising for the software we could dream
of :D

joan.

Links:
------